Learn the secrets to writing the perfect story, and develop your structure, paragraphing and style!
Most teachers, and many Hollywood writers even, don't really know why some stories are excellent, and others don't really work well. The answer to this question has been a lifelong obsession for Oxford Master Matt Townend, and after twenty years of searching, he finally found the secrets! In this course, he shares the secrets of perfect stories!
On this course you will learn:
- why human beings love stories
- how to have an idea for a story
- how to structure a story - the 5 Acts and 10 beats of all stories (hence Pentact - penta means 5!)
- how to create character, setting and voice
- how to write in paragraphs
- how to use commas correctly
- how to write in past tense
and more! Stories are useful not just for budding authors - they can be used to sell, to persuade, to inspire, to teach. They are essentisal to marketing, to branding, to business. This might be the most powerful, insightful and useful course of all our Oxford Masters' courses, and it is definitely the one we are most proud of!
NB - the picture is of 'Captain America'. The Marvel cinematic universe (MCU) is a great example of good storytelling, and the most ambitious story writing franchises of our time. The Pentact Writing Course uses the star as its symbol - a star is also Captain America's symbol!